Entry Level Oil Jobs
If you have literally no experience and no formal education, this does NOT matter. Entry level oil rig job descriptions are plentiful and require neither!
Keep in mind that without going through the correct application submmittal process, you are likely to be waiting indefinately for a response...while other just-as able-bodied men/women snatch up "your job".
Don't let that happen!
Using TheOilRigJobs.com will launch you directly into the offices of thousands of rig hiring officers quickly - ensuring that you stand out and get hired.
Here are a few descriptions of entry level oil rig jobs to choose from:
- Maintenance Roustabout: General Cleaning and some Painting, $33K - $47K
- Roustabout: Assisting Roughnecks, Cleaning Decks and ensuring equipment/tool organization, $47K - $55K
- Welder (Certified): Day to day repairs and metalwork, $62K
- Scaffolders: Installing scaffolding on whichever rig needs work, $57K
For more oil rig job descriptions including instant application ability
Seasoned Oil Rig Job Descriptions and Salaries!
If you've been on an Oil Rig for any length of time, even a few months, you might qualify for a step-up from the entry level positions described above. Depending on your area of experience...you'd most likely be assigned to a job description in either the Deck Crew or Drill Crew.
Here are a few advanced oil rig job descriptions you could potentially apply for:
- Roughneck: Works on Rig Floor Machinery and in Mud Room, $59K
- Derrickman: Maintenance and Op of the Mud Pumps and Pits, $65K
- Assistant Driller: Supervises Derrickmen, Pumpmen and Roughnecks, $72K
- Assistant Crane Operator: Experienced Roustabout, $59K
- Crane Operator: Operates Crane and Supervises Roustabouts, $69K
Also, if you're a mechanic or electrician, you could also find a job on an oil rig quite easily.
Remember, offshore oil rigs only consider serious applicants who've done their homework and know how to submit a worthy application.